It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Card Title - BOLD additional functionality

Is there anyway to BOLD a word in the cards title? Makes scanning through a tonne of cards easier to immediately see differences....

Anyone?

3 answers

1 vote
Katrin Anger Community Leader Jul 16, 2019

@Pascal Holm 

I just came across the Trello Card Optimizer Chrome Extension that lets you use Markup in card titles.

If that feature is still important for you, have a look!

Hey Pascal,

Markdown Syntax does not work in card titles, unfortunately, so you won't be able to have bold text in your card titles. 

Maybe having a card color would help? There's a chrome extension that can help you accomplish that,

Hey Matt,

Thanks for that, but would be good to be able to bold text. Something Trello should work on! 

I whole heartily agree. Does not seem like a programming big deal. 

Hi Matt

Is there a way to select colors for Trello for card titles (ie ability to select and change font colors for each card title) ? I am able to add html to display different font colors for checklist texts, but not for card titles/headlines. Thanks.

I found this script on GitHub that works great! 

Trello Bolded Card Titles Script

If you're on chrome you can open chrome://extensions in your browser and drag the JavaScript file into the window and it will recognize it as an extension.

Use ** for bold, * for italics, and *** for bold and italics.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Chelsea, "MarkDown" coding like you describes will work in the Card Descriptions. However, it is not active in *headers* like Card Titles or for Checklists. I believe these headers are preset formatted fields. So, it would be a Trello programming task to open these fields up to being formattable by Trello users. Yes, most of the MarkDown format coding will work - wherever it is allowed in Trello fields.

My big wish would be to allow for creating "multiple lines" in a Card Title box/field. This may be limited as is bolding text there. All suggestions are welcome.

This script does not work for card titles and the Atlassian markdown works otherwise, so this script not needed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

NEW: Trello Board & Card Templates, Plus Community-Inspired Template Gallery

Hi there, Community! Jessica here from Trello Product Marketing. As we celebrate 50 million registered users, we're super excited to share several new features available in Trello now that will hel...

272 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you