cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Repeater removed from repeating cards

dantheman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

All of the cards that I had set to repeat on a weekly basis had the repeat function removed. All were marked to repeat once a week using the card repeater power-up. None of the other repeating cards (e.g. those set to repeat monthly or annually) appear to be affected.

This might be related to this bug: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRELLO-342

but that bug is marked closed and had to do with card repeater not working at all, not card repeating being removed from a particular kind of card.

2 answers

0 votes
JoEllen Magnus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 9, 2024

I've had the same problem, though I haven't identified which specific repeats were affected. Some of my repeating cards are still there; others mysteriously are not. The ones I've been able to recall and identify repeated every week on multiple days of the week.

JoEllen Magnus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 9, 2024

Looks like the issue is being tracked in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRELLO-342

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2024

@dantheman i've stopped using card repeater power-up because you can achieve the same thing with automation and you have a bit more control over it. 

If you're interested in that, head to the automation section (click the lightning icon in the toolbar) and choose Rules, then choose the "Scheduled" section on the left. 

Click the Create Automation, then Add trigger, and you'll see options for the "repeater" schedule, such as every day, or certain days.

image.png

Click the blue plus button and then in the next screen that appears, fill in the details of the card you want to create at that frequency:

image.png

You can set the name, and click the pencil to set the description of the card and then specify the list you want the card to be repeated/created in. (You can even add details like who to assign it to, what labels it should have, due dates, and checklists to add!)

When you're done, click the blue plus button again and save your rule.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2024

@dantheman if this was helpful, would you mind clicking the Accept Answer button so folks who are looking for the same know there's an answer in here? 

Also, you might be interested in joining the Trello Trailblazers Atlassian Community Events chapter! We have events each month talking about how to do cool things in Trello: https://ace.atlassian.com/trello-trailblazers/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events