Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Card Repeater Doesn't Work

Hi! I am about an hour into Trello and want to figure out how to repeat tasks. I enabled  the Repeater, but when I added it, the "Save" button was not operational ( I wasn't able to click on it. Then I tried clickingn "Repeat" on the Board and it says "It Looks Like Something Went Wrong. So I looked that up and they said try it in a different browser, so I did that. Then I restarted, but nothing changed. Please help if you can. I want to use Trello for my business, but don't understand why I can't get this seemingly simple task. And it could absolutely be "user error." Thank you!!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner Community Leader May 09, 2022

@Julia Fister and @Jonathan Pate welcome to the community! Did you have specific days checked? If you don't select specific days the "save" button won't be enabled. 

I just tried it and looks like its working at the moment, but perhaps it was down earlier? I think I saw some notification about Trello being down/boards being unavailable for some users earlier. Let me know if it's still not working. 

Also, I personally prefer to use Butler/Trello automation for repeating cards. I feel like it gives me a little more control over it and I can adjust the rule more easily and customize what the card should look like!

If you want to do card repeating in Butler, just head to Automation (top menu of your board) --> Rules --> Calendar (on the left side menu) --> Create Command (blue button in top right).

From there, set your trigger, by clicking "add trigger". This is the frequency you want the card to show up (every day? ever work day? every Wednesday?)

image.png

Click the blue plus button to add it, and then select the Add Card option. You can specify which list you want it to be created in, any checklists dates, or labels you want it to have, etc. 

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you, that helps! It did fix itself, it might have been part of the bug yesterday!

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner Community Leader May 10, 2022

Woohoo! Glad to hear it! Let us know if you have any more questions or need help with anything else! Good luck in your Trello-ing!

Like Julia Fister likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

Yes same for me! Question does it not allow you to save?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,342 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you