Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Email adress not available on iOS app?

Jerg Hilt July 15, 2022

Hello everybody,

on the Trello iOS app I can‘t find the Card Email adresses. Normally you can find it by using the „share“ button, but there is no such button on iOS. Has anyone found a work around for this problem? Unfortunatly card Email adresses are also not available as Butler variables.

For now, I always have to switch between web view (using a browser) and app when I‘m working with Trello on the iPad. Since neither the app nor the web view offer the same user convenience as the Windows app (e.g. no keyboard shortcuts, no d&d on web, limited card details on app…), I find working with Trello on the iPad rather unpleasant.

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

@Jerg Hilt 

You probably achieve the same if you use email to board with the card_id appended to the subject and have a rule to look for the incoming card and post the card name (minus the id) and description as a comment. With the card_id you can find the target card. 

you can use iOS shortcut to find the destination card if you want. 

Jerg Hilt July 18, 2022

Thank you for your answer. Card ID unfortunatly is also not visible in the iOS app. I guess for now I will have to keep switching between app and browser on the iPad. I only hope, the Trello team will make further changes in the app. At present, the app is suited for quick orientation (rather used on a smartphone) and prohibits the user from getting the full capabilities of Trello.

0 votes
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2022

Hi @Jerg Hilt  Welcome 👋

Christl from SendBoard here - makers of the Email for Trello Power-Up.

I wonder if the reason you're having trouble with this is because Trello iOS/Android apps do not yet support 3rd party Power-Ups/integrations - as far as I know. I believe they have some improvements in mind for the app, but not sure what the timelines are for it.

That's why we built a special feature to allow you to email by adding a comment to the Trello card that starts with a keyword "@reply"/ "@email". This allows to send emails using the Trello mobile app. You can read more about this here.

For more info on Email for Trello, check out this video: Email for Trello Demo

You're welcome to pop over any questions to hello@sendboard.com or simply add the PowerUp to give it a try with the free trial.

Hope that helps!

Jerg Hilt July 15, 2022

Hello Christl, thank you for the quick answer, that looks like an interesting tool. But my problem is to forward individually chosen emails TO a specific card, not FROM a card. We use this a lot in order to add additional informations to a card (= small project). For that I only need to know the cards email adress, but that doesn‘t appear on the iOS app.

Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2022

Ah, I get what you mean. Email for Trello would also allow you to forward an email to an existing card (replies to your emails from your board will also automatically attach to the correct card). But, I understand what you're saying about the card email address is not showing on the iOS app. I can't seem to see it either... Sorry I couldn't be of more help with this one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events