cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Aging + Link preview cards display issue

Tymek Zapała _Colorful Budget_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2024

Hello community,

I have been using Card Aging power-up for a long time and it's great, but there's one edge case - if I create link preview cards (by just inserting an URL to "Add a card" field), they get "old" just like regular cards.

I want to have Links column in some of my boards to store URLs that I often use - after few weeks all my links are greyed-out which weird. Basically I'm missing the option to make these link cards "evergreen" just like regular cards and avoid their aging. 

preview.jpg

Do you know any workaround for this problem?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2024

@Tymek Zapała _Colorful Budget_ - while this is a little time consuming, I think this should fix your issue. There is a setting within the Card aging power up called "evergreen" mode that prevents a card from turning gray, however you'll have to temporarily convert your card to a regular card in order to enable the setting.

- Right click on the front of the link card
- Choose "Convert to regular card" -> Save
- Click on the card to open it, then click on the "Card aging" button
- Click on "Evergreen" 
- Close the card, right click over it again
- Click "Convert to link card" -> Save

Let me know if this works for you!

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 9.24.23 AM.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2024

Wow, didn't know that you can reverse converting to regular card! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

I wish that Card Aging power-up has option to exclude all link card from it, would be pretty easy to implement I believe ;)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2024

Hi @Tymek Zapała _Colorful Budget_ 

There is a workaround for this, see the below gif:

Screenrecording2024-03-2122.10.44-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2024

Thanks a lot, just what I was looking for!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events