Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cannot Move List (You Have Too Many Lists)

We've been using Trello as a bug tracking page, and overnight it ran out of space and now we can't add any lists as i have archived thousands over the last many months (Mainly because there wasn't a delete option).

Checking the support, you need to unarchive the lists and then move them to another board and delete them (which is obviously a bit of a faff!).

So, i have created a new kill board, unarchived some archived lists and selected them to move to the new board. They disappear for a second, then a box with 'Sending...' Appears, and then they reappear.

Also, if i try to manually create a list on the new board i get a 'Could not connect to Trello' message.

I can archive, unarchive or move cards, but i can't do anything with lists and as lists are meaning we can get no more bug reports in, it is a pretty major issue!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike...

(P.S. today is release day, great timing!)

2 answers

I'm having the same problem, hope somebody finds a solution. I thought maybe my laptop didn't have enough memory so I closed everything and restarted but that didn't work. I also can't move lists on my phone either.

We've managed to move some lists out with an automation tool (None of us could do it manually), but we still can't create any new lists on the board or move any manually.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,402 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you