• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you organize boards as tabs like in Excel or in Google?

In excel you get tabs at the bottom for all your sheets. In Google you get tabs up the top for all the pages you have open. Can you arrange the boards in Trello that way or is it only the Home page and the Board drawer.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Kay_Pearse  right now we do not have this feature in Trello but If this feature will come then it will be awesome.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Apr 24, 2020

Hi @Kay_Pearse 

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately that's not how Trello works.

There are workarounds for it though!

If I'm in Chrome, I pin all the boards that I want to look at, sometimes I have a Chrome open just for Trello (although I would be cautious about that because of the CPU that Trello & Chrome use). Quite often I have 3 Trello boards open in Chrome, I pin them so that I can get to them easier.

Also in Chrome, I have a folder of my boards that I've bookmarked called, unsurprisingly 'Boards'. I don't know why, but I always get lost in the dashboard, so I made my own in a folder! Although I have the pinned boards in Chrome, there are some boards that I use that I don't want to star within Trello, and this makes it easy for me to navigate to them quickly.

Also, on my bookmarks bar, I have the 3 boards that I use all day - every day:

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 13.39.55.pngIt's worth remembering that in Chrome, you don't have to have names on bookmarks - I have very few:

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 13.41.07.png

If I'm in Safari, it's similar, I have a folder in favourites, where I just have all my most used boards.

Neither of these are a perfect fix, but they're helpful to know! It's also helpful to know if you should change your main board (the very first one you had). Trello will nine times out of ten open on that board, even if it's not the most used anymore! So it's useful to know which boards you're in the most and make them as available as possible!

Hope that helps a bit! 

Esme :)

Im interested to see a response.  This would be handy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

752 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you