Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you make completing a checklist mandatory

Rob Williams April 23, 2019

I want to be able to add a checklist and have some the items within the checklist mandatory to be completed.

Is this possible.

Cheers

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

@Rob Williams the question really would be "what does mandatory mean"? As @carolyn french noted, you could stop a card from being moved to the next list unless all checklist items in a mandatory list are complete, but if the workflow you're considering doesn't involve moving a card to the next list then that's not going to work.

Another option might be to notify someone if they haven't completed a checklist, or certain checklist items, within a given timeframe.

However, one might ask why there are checklist items that aren't mandatory in the first place.

Can you elaborate on the details of this workflow?

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2019

Hi Rob, and welcome to Community!

I was just watching the Trello webinar on Butler automation, and you can do an automation so that if all the checkboxes are not ticked, the card is put back into the previous list with a comment on it for the user to complete the checkboxes. That was super cool!

Would it be possible for you to use some modification of this by splitting off the mandatory items into a separate checklist (instead of just some) or into custom fields?

Best,

Carolyn

Priyanka December 19, 2022

Hi Carolyn, Thanks so much for this info. I watched the webinar but I want to do similar automation in JIRA. Do you know how I can apply

BR,

Priyanka

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events