Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you lock certain lists on a Trello board to not be editable by others?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2020

I'm toying around with a product roadmap Trello board, and I would love to have a list where people can submit their ideas for features (and as far as I know, the only way to do that is to make it public and share the public invite to join the board, and then after they join they can create a card). 

And THEN, only be able to make edits in a feature request list, while NOT being able to edit any other lists or cards in those lists, such as 'In Progress' or 'Done'. 

I feel like this has to be possible, but at the same time, maybe it's not because i don't think you can pick and choose which parts of a board members have access to edit.

The best workaround i can think of is to have a feature request system go through typeform, and then that automatically adds a card to a Trello board, and then users vote on it. I'm open to other ideas!

2 answers

1 vote
Cmvisual March 11, 2020

Yes,I have the same problem, I need to lock part of the card or list and prohibit editing.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2020

@Brittany Joiner no you can't lock lists but if you want to take user submissions and promote some of them to cards, you can make the board public (or team viewable) and allow commenting from non-members, and disable self-join, then you can have "feature request" cards where people can post their comments, and you can pick some of those and create cards from them

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events