Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you create a form that auto populates as a to-do (creative project mgmnt)

Can you create a creative brief form that can be created within Trello, and filled out by outside users that when they have a request and when filled out would auto populate as a to-do on to a board? (creative project mgmnt)

4 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley Community Leader May 18, 2021

@Amanda Pilcer the Crmble powerup has a couple of options for form plugins, last I checked it had Google and TypeForm. You can also go from Google/JotForm to Sheets -> Trello via Zapier

We use Google form > Zapier > Trello and it works brilliantly:

• A forwarding URL is set up on our wagtail site, which is forwarded to the google form to submit data to Trello.
  • This form lives on our google drive and captures data in a google spreadsheet.
  • The spreadsheet is actually where the data is pushed from to Trello. Each time a new row is filled in (via the form), the data is pushed into a new Trello ticket.
  • This is done via a Zapier integration - the Zap is limited to a certain number of actions per month but it’s rare to go over this. 
  • If you change anything on the form, the zap might break. Each field on form is mapped to a field on a Trello card. It’s fine to change the form but you’ll need to test the zap and tweak if when you do this. Also once all set up, don't change the board or list names as this will break the zap too!

Have fun! :)

@Amanda Pilcer 

There are many options available see @Iain Dooley  post. A new favourite is Contalist. Besides creating a card it builds a contact list it has the ability to email using templates, include form in email or website. I worked with them to allow for comment to email via @client or @anycontacttype. Try it. 

Hello @Amanda Pilcer 

With our power-up Hipporello, you can exactly have what you need. You will have your own user portal, where users can create their accounts and submit forms, and they will see updates regarding their inquiries.

Basically, you will be creating web forms (we have pre-defined templates as well), they will submit their inquiries via forms, you will get these submissions as Trello cards on your board, and you will be able to communicate with them via those cards. They will receive updates to their e-mail and the user portal. Also, you can use Hipporello automation rules to automatically send an email when the card created, or send a resolved email when the card is archived, etc.

You can check how it works here in 2 minutes, it is super easy to set up, and if you need any help we will be glad to help you via live chat on our website.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner Community Leader May 19, 2021

You can also easily use Google Forms and Zapier or the Typeform power-up. Both will let you set up a form, connect it with your board and each response becomes a card and the form fields map to either custom fields or directly in the description of the card.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

2,112 views 17 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you