Can you auto assign yourself a card using Butler?

Manuel August 3, 2020

Hello. I know there is an option to assign cards randomly or "in turn" by remembering who got assigned last.

What I mean by my question is that if you are on a team board and you move a card from one list to another. For example, you move the card from "To Do" to "Doing" can you auto-assign that card to yourself?

So if the team board has 10 members and one of those members, Tom, moves a card from "To Do" to "Doing," can it auto-assign specifically to Tom? Then when Mike moves a card, it auto assigns himself.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2020

When a card is moved into list "Done", add member @{username} to the card

Manuel August 3, 2020

@VongsawatWouldn't this assign cards to ONLY that specific person? My question is more that I want anyone that moves the card to have it assigned to them automatically not just one specific person.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2020

@Manuel the above command will assign it to whoever moved the card

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

image.pngFrom the Variables Help page

Manuel August 4, 2020

Nevermind that works. Thank you very much for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events