Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you adjust the title of a Link Card?

Brady Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2023

Is it possible to change the text that appears on a Link Card? When I put in a solo URL to the title of a card it becomes a Link Card, however I'm not a fan of the title that it displays for the website and would like to name the link something else. Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Saijo George November 21, 2023

You can use this bookmarklet to easily switch to links in Trello card descriptions, checklists, and comments. Once you're on the specific card, simply run the bookmarklet, and it will replace Links with URLs. 

replace-trello-links-urls

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2023

Hi Brady,

Thanks for reaching out!

Right now, it's not possible to edit the titles of Link cards. The title of the Link card will be pulled from the title of the URL you're adding.

That said, I definitely understand how this could be helpful, so I've flagged this as a feature request with the product team.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Joanna Ajdukiewicz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2024

Has this been implemented yet?

Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2024

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for reaching out.

While this exact functionality isn’t currently available in Trello, I have gone ahead and created a new public feature suggestion for you with our product team which you can access here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRELLO-349

I would recommend you to visit that suggestion, log in with your Atlassian account, and click Start watching this issue on the right panel. This will help our product and engineering team understand more about which functionalities our users are interested in. Also, when the ticket is updated by our product team, you'll be notified via email.

You can learn more about this by reading our Implementation of New Features Policy.

If you have any questions about this suggestion, any additional information you would like to share, or any comments on our new features policy, please let us know!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events