Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Trello to put in support requests for internal departments?

Stephanie Rigby April 4, 2019

We are currently using Trello for our internal Art and Design teams to collaborate using boards for each season and collection. I have since looked into using Trello for "project management" and was curious if it would work for queue management - for example we are looking for users to be able to put in a request to the IT manager, who can then notify the users when the task is complete.

Hoping someone can help with this.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2019

@Stephanie Rigby 

Hi Stephanie,

Using Trello for queue management and internal notifications is absolutely possible.

In addition to what @Iain Dooley said above, I would also like to point out that this could be set up with the Butler Power-Up.

For instance, certain keywords used in a comment could be used as trigger to send notifications across boards or into specific cards.

If you let me know more about the way you want to set up the process, I could probably point out the direction to go more clearly.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

@Stephanie Rigby You can do this by having people login to Trello and create cards. The only caveat is that everyone will need to be a Trello user and a member of that board.

You can have a set up, however, where everyone on a team can see a board that is part of that team, but can't join it. Then you can enable comments for team members.

This would allow you to create a card called "New Request" for example, where people could post a comment then have something like this in Butler:

When a comment is added to a card named "New Request" create card "{username} - {date}" in list "New Request" and set description to "{commenttext}"

This would still require that everyone who wanted to submit a request be a Trello member.

Another option would be to set up an integration I created called Benko Board which (among other things) allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client. If you're using Gmail, you could therefore have a G-Suite user like support@yourcompany.com where people could send tickets, and your IT staff would be able to deal with the requests and reply directly from Trello:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events