Can we create a board that is viewabe, but not editable?

Jennylee OBrien December 14, 2020

Can I change the settings on a trello board so the team can VIEW it, but NOT edit it.  I would love to have a board they can view, yet not edit.  Because we have had some instances where when they are viewing they accidentally move things.  I know we can share with them and have them make a copy.  However, I want them to be able to view it and if I do an update or change they can also see those live.

Thank you for your help!

JennyLee

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2020

I think you might be able to achieve this with Unito. You could create a secondary board and make this one read-only, and then sync it with the original board. The secondary board is the one you share with the team. When you update or add cards to the original board, all of that would sync with the secondary board.

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2020
Jan Sprangers December 14, 2020

Hello Michael, 

so it works online at the paid version?
I'm looking for a way to show a board at a Digital Signage Display.

thanks

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2020

You could make the board public?  If people are not members of a board, but the board is public, they can see it and they won't be able to edit it.  But Google can also see it as well.

The only other option is to use Observers which is a feature of Business Class.

Like Jan Sprangers likes this
jharris December 15, 2020

Part of my team needs full control and a few of the team I only want to give view only.

Don't want to make it public. Will Observers accomplish this?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2020

Yes.  Observers do have *some* permissions though, so please read the page to make sure it will work for you: https://help.trello.com/article/732-adding-observers-to-boards

jharris December 22, 2020

Thank you! Observers is working great for what I needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events