Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add labes to the Customised Email Reporting?

Sai April 11, 2022

Can someone share the command to add labes to the Emial reporting??

Thanks!!

2 answers

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Sai ! What's the butler command that you've set up? 

If your command looks something like this:

every friday at 11:45 pm,
create a report with all cards in list "Done"
using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink},
and send an email notification to every member of the board
with subject "Report for week #{weeknumber}"
and message {$Report}

This will give you a bulleted list of hyperlinked card names like so:

Card A
Card B

If you also want the name of the label to show, you can add a label variable to your report:

using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink} - Labels: {cardlabelnames}"

Your report would then look like this:
Card A - Labels: Content
Card B - Labels: Design

If you'd prefer to have more of a visual representation of the labels, you could create a visual report as mentioned here.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

Excellent post.

@Sai 

if you have more than one label it will be comma separated but not Color. If I am not mistaken a plain red label will show up as “red”. Try it. 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2022

@Sai 

There are some variables for list of labels on the card. I have not tried them on reports but they are just text, if I am not mistaken. 

For client, I tend to suggest that they use Contalist and create a template of the card instead and email to the contact. This can include labels, checklist, CF etc. This will be sharing individual status of cards which you can automate to some extent. 

You should look at Blue Cat to see whether there is a report similar to what you need. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events