Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sort cards manually

Vicki VanValkenburgh February 14, 2022

I have been trying to arrange my cards manually, and they just immediately flip back to the way they were before, and it is driving me crazy.  I don't see a sort option that says manual, which seems like a pretty basic feature, and I would think would be the default to start with at least. I clicked on butler but don't see any rules set up for anything. I just want to order my cards the way I want to order my cards. At least for now. Later I can get fancy and have them fly into some magic order.  Help!  

1 answer

0 votes
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2022

Hi Vicki,

Nathan here from Trello Support!

It sounds like you could have some Butler rules or automation enabled that's sorting your cards as normally you should be able to move your cards around manually.

Can you try clicking on the Automation button in the top right corner of your board then selecting Rules, this should open the Automation/Butler window.

Can you then go through the Rules, Card Buttons, Board Buttons, Calendar, and Due Date options down the left side and scroll through the list of rules in each of these sections.

If you find a rule that mentions sorting on your board can you make sure the *Enabled on this board* box immediately underneath the rule is unticked, and once you do this you should be able to sort your lists manually.

Vicki VanValkenburgh February 22, 2022

Thanks for your response!  I figured it out.  Although I didn't have any automation rules set up in Butler, I had installed the Trello Card Optimizer to change the background color of a couple of my lists. And there were a lot of default settings in that add-on that I didn't know about, including some regarding card order. I have disabled that setting and will be checking there first when I have unexpected behaviors on my boards.

Thanks so much!

Like Nathan Smith likes this
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2022

No problem! I'm glad you were able to get to the bottom of this! 😄

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events