Can't sign up for Trello account using Microsoft 365 account (need help)

Anthony April 19, 2020

Hello,

I am trying to sign up for a Trello account using "Continue with Microsoft" sign up feature. I am working to get my entire organization to use Trello and using the Microsoft sign up feature would be a low hurdle for everyone to overcome. We're a nonprofit and use a .org email address. 

Does anyone know how I could possibly fix this? See below for error message from Atlassian: 

Hmm... We're having trouble logging you in.

Sorry, we had trouble logging you in with your Microsoft account. Your specific Azure Active Directory configuration is not currently supported. We are working on it!

For now, please enter your email in the login form and click continue and we will direct you to the most appropriate login method.

2 answers

1 vote
Nicholas M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2020

Hi @Anthony , As the error message tries to convey you are using Azure Active Directory via Microsoft Login, which is not supported at present. The current button only supports 'social' logins via Microsoft. Think of these as hotmail.com or outlook.com email addresses. Unfortunately we dont know this until you come back from microsoft.

Good news however is we are at the very end of enabling the support for Azure Active Directory logins (We are working on it! :)) ETA is within the next week, its been in development for over a month now and tidying up the bugs found in testing. So just final touches. If you can wait great, if not you can setup accounts using login and password and then switch to Login with Microsoft when ready.

Anthony Martinez April 22, 2020

Hi Nicholas, that’s great to hear! We’re totally good on waiting. I’m excited to get my org on Trello soon but will await the update. 

I appreciate the response. Thank you! 

-Anthony

Andreas April 28, 2020

Great to hear! We are also waiting for 365 login support. Is it possible to be notified in some way when you have it working? 

0 votes
ʀᴏɴ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

Hi @Anthony . Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having logging in with Microsoft.

First question: does your organization require SSO to authenticate with Trello?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events