Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reactivate a member in Trello

Jens Simonsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2022

Hi 

We try to invite a former member to a board. But we got the message - "Reactivate member first" - "The following person was not invited".

But - we can't see the member anywhere and can therefor not either delete, deactivate or reactivate the member. It is like a "ghost in the machine".

What to do?

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Jens Simonsen , welcome to the community! Looking at the message you've been receiving, you have to open your "Members" tab on your Workspace and activate that person again. You can go there by just opening your Workspace, clicking on Members, and then going for "Workspace members" and you shall see the user looking like this:

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 3.54.01 PM.png

Just click on Reactivate and you're good to go.

Jens Simonsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2022

Hi Rafel

I know all this, but the person is not in the list on the page “Members”. There is only me and another person (my Client)!!!

We want to add a third person, but Can’t do it as mentioned.

Daniela Arguello
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 4, 2023

I'm having this same issue! And for those who do show up in the list as 'deactivated' I do not have a 'reactivate' button anywhere. Please advise @Rafael Dill 

Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2023

Hey @Jens Simonsen and @Daniela Arguello , sorry for the late response.

There could be several reasons that explain why you're seeing this behavior, so I think the best approach for both of the cases would be by raising a ticket with us here - https://trello.com/contact#/ and informing the Workspace and the user ID (or email) that this is happening.

With that, we can take a further look into why you're not seeing the Reactivate button or why the person does not appear on the "Members" list.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events