Can't move card to another board

Noah Mizrahi January 15, 2021

I have 2 boards in my trello project "TownStar" and "TownStar Gantt". I can switch between both boards. According to the documentation I can move a card from "TownStar" to "TownStar Gantt" by clicking context menu > Move > Select Board to move to. When I click on the context menu I do not see the name of the other board only the current board. Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Noah Mizrahi January 17, 2021

The answer is yes you can move cards from one board to another board but the documentation is misleading for newbies. When you tap to move to a board you have to then tap the current board in the list which will display all the other boards to which you can move the card.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2021

I believe if they are in different teams/workspaces then you can’t easily move the card. You could put the boards in the same team and then moving the card will show up 

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2021

Hi @Noah Mizrahi ,

Welcome to the community!

To move a card from one board to another board:

• Open the card you would like to move
  • Tap the three dots menu icon at the top right corner of your card
  • Select "Move Card" from the menu that pops up
  • Select which board and list you want to move it to
  • Tap "Move" to move the card

If this doesn't work for you. You can use Zapier https://zapier.com/apps/trello/integrations/trello/849/copy-new-or-moved-trello-cards-from-one-board-or-list-to-another-board-or-list

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events