Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login

Mike Corso April 27, 2018

I have not been able to login since yesterday. I'm getting this message:

That account appears to be a Google Account without a password. Try using the Log in with Google button.

It's NOT a google account; I've been logging in the same way for years. HELP.

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2018

Chip Taylor wrote the following for a user that was experiencing the same issue:

Here is what I learned: Trello forced a number of users to do a password reset because of a security breach elsewhere, but hackers were using those credentials to try to access our Trello accounts, hoping login info was the same.

Trello sent notices, but in my case, I had set up an Outlook rule to route Trello notifications to a special folder. I quit accessing notifications that way as I began using Trello more and forgot I had set up that rule.

As a result, Trello's notice and the emails responding to my password change requests were going to that folder. I was looking in my inbox and spam folder. Once I figured out where the notifications were going, then I was able to reset my password and get back to work.

My advice: Try to reset your password. You may have a notice from Trello in your spam folder or elsewhere. Trello support also provided this information, which I ended up not needing:

Please check your spam folder to see if the message may have ended up there as well. If it's not in your spam folder, you may need to contact your network administrators to see if the mail message is being blocked at the network level. 

For more details, check out our article on Not receiving confirmation emails or password reset emails.

What we’d suggest is reaching out to the person who manages your email server, and asking them if it’s possible to whitelist emails from 168.245.13.144, 168.245.54.245, 167.89.99.8, and 168.245.0.189.

Good Luck

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2018

@Mike Corso are you able to login now?

Mike Corso April 29, 2018

Yes, I had the same issue. Trello sent a reset email and now I'm back in action.

Thanks,

Mike

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2018

Excellent, that is great to hear, thanks @Mike Corso :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events