Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get OneDrive to attach a document in Trello

Alyson Wilson May 31, 2017

Hi.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I can't get anything to attach from One Drive. I've tried Chrome, Edge and Incognito and they all don't work. I can sign in to OneDrive but all I get is a blank screen with circling 'dots'. 

We have also tried on another computer and turned off any adblocking software.

I can insert from Box, the computer and Dropbox - haven't tried Google docs as I don't have any files on there.

Can anyone help please? 

Many thanks

Ally

OneDriveTrelloProb.PNG

10 answers

1 vote
npglocal August 7, 2018

We're having the same issue at our University.

In the MAC OS apps, both the attach file and power-up workflows do not work.  I get a blank page on authorization.

However, the web app does work for us.  Will follow up with testing on a PC shortly.

1 vote
Marty Jacobs June 2, 2017

We're also experiencing the exact same issue, no matter what browser we use. This is a big pain for us as many teams at my University use (and love) Trello, but we're largely a Microsoft outfit and reply on OneDrive for document management.

If you need any additional information to troubleshoot this issue please let me know.

Marty

P.S. Google Drive and Dropbox attachments work just fine for me.

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2017

It might be helpful for the support team to see your error console.

In IE, Firefox, or Chrome, you can check for errors with the Error Console. In IE, hit F12 and go to the 'console' tab. On Firefox or Chrome for Windows, bring it up with Ctrl+Shift+J. On macOS, use Command - Option - J for Chrome or Command - Shift - J for Firefox. You can copy any errors you see there, or take a screenshot and post it.

Alyson Wilson June 5, 2017

Here you go: 

graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me?%24select=mySite Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
OneDrive.js:2 [OneDriveSDK] calling xhr failure callback, status: 403 Array(1)
js.live.net/v7.0/OneDrive.js?_=1496652919859:2 Uncaught Error: [OneDriveSDK Error] missing windowState from picker response
at Function.t.exports.e.throwError (js.live.net/v7.0/OneDrive.js?_=1496652919859:2)
at Function.t.exports.e.parsePickerResponse (js.live.net/v7.0/OneDrive.js?_=1496652919859:2)
at window.onedriveReceiveMessage.window.onedriveReceiveMessage (js.live.net/v7.0/OneDrive.js?_=1496652919859:2)
at Function.t.exports.e._sendResponse (OneDrive.js:2)
at Function.t.exports.e._handleError (OneDrive.js:2)
at e._failureCallback (OneDrive.js:2)
at e.t.exports.e._callFailureCallback (OneDrive.js:3)
at XMLHttpRequest._request.onreadystatechange (OneDrive.js:3)

Alyson Wilson June 29, 2017

Hi - I wondered if there was any update on this please? 

Thanks

Alyson

0 votes
jaybonk November 17, 2020

I realize that this issue is 3 years old - but I am experiencing the problem as described with the Trello Mac app - was there ever a resolution?

0 votes
Ryan Taylor September 11, 2018

Same issue here.

0 votes
sportsscientist May 15, 2018

I have this same issue, but am using a workaround.

Instead of using the OneDrive Powerup, I just select "Computer" from the available options. then browse my computer.  Since I am logged in on my PC, I can access all my OneDrive folders and add files no worries.

RELATED:  When I select the OneDrive Powerup and try to attach, a dialog box opens but closes right away without permitting me to do anything.

0 votes
Konstantin Munz March 9, 2018

Same problem, not sure why but my guess is onedrive addons are restricted by office administrators

0 votes
Casey Sims February 24, 2018

I am having the exact same issue, with Firefox in the browser or using the Windows 10 app, which redirects me to Firefox. I updated to a Gold Subscription just to use this functionality with a PowerUp along with SalesForce. SalesForce works great. Can we get an update please?

0 votes
Peter Maryan December 18, 2017

Any update on this?

0 votes
Sebbe November 7, 2017

This happens to me too. Can't attach Onedrive files, be it online or in the Windows app. A circle is all I get after the '... is being shared' message in the top right corner in the OneDrive window.

Any update on this issue? It was first mentioned over half a year ago, so there might be a solution in the works?

Riccardo November 8, 2017

Ciao, I'm having the same problem. my company migrated from G-suite to Office365.

Whenever I try to attach something from OneDrive, I got the white screen and circles.

Tried already different browsers, to disable and re-enable the powerUp, and in different boards.

Same problem. And all my development file (I'm a training manager) are on OneDrive.

Dropbox, G-drive works just fine

Riccardo November 8, 2017

An update. If I don't activate the power up, but just try to attach - from OneDrive, I got the moving dots for ever.

If I enable the powerup and try to attach directly from the OneDrive PowerUP, the circling dots are shown for 2 seconds and then the window disappears

Like Jorge Andres likes this
0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2017

Alyson- You say "I've tried Chrome, Edge and Incognito and they all work. I" 

Was that meant to say they all do not work?

Alyson Wilson June 2, 2017

Oops - yes, I meant do not work. I've amended.

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2017

It might be helpful for the support team to see your error console.

In IE, Firefox, or Chrome, you can check for errors with the Error Console. In IE, hit F12 and go to the 'console' tab. On Firefox or Chrome for Windows, bring it up with Ctrl+Shift+J. On macOS, use Command - Option - J for Chrome or Command - Shift - J for Firefox. You can copy any errors you see there, or take a screenshot and post it. 

Alyson Wilson June 2, 2017

Thank you. I'm back at uni on Monday so will try then. 

Alyson Wilson July 26, 2017

Hi - I wondered if there was any update on this please? 

Brad Watson September 13, 2017

Any updates?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events