Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change language?

James MacDonald October 10, 2022

Hey peeps, I have a Trello problem. My Trello started displaying in Finnish (I live in Finland). I go to the site to change my language to English, and my whole Atlassian account appears in English, but Trello does not. I log in using Google, so I checked my Google language preferences and English is my preferred language there. I cleared my cache and that didn't work. I signed out of google and cleared my cache and that didn't work, either. 

Any ideas?

14 answers

1 vote
Markus Bernhardt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 20, 2023

Still an issue. Tried to also use incognito mode to see if it was a cache issue. Not working. I have German language, though the system language is supposed to be english/US.

0 votes
Ann Kay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 15, 2023

Still not fixed. I'm having the same problem. Even if the language will eventually change after a couple of days, this is a pretty bad user experience and should somehow get fixed. You would kind of expect it to be fixed already, given it's been a while since the obvious "bug" has been reported.

0 votes
campbesa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 28, 2023

Disabling my ad blocker extension in Chrome worked for me!

0 votes
Guanbo Yang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 25, 2023

I believe the reason why Atlassian settings do not affect Trello settings is because Trello utilizes a GET request to retrieve user preferences from its backend server (https://trello.com/1/member/me API). However, when querying the Atlassian server, the Trello backend server caches the user preferences. As a result, it takes some time for the Trello backend server to refresh and obtain the most up-to-date user preferences. This is not an answer.

0 votes
Yi Yang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 11, 2023

Same problem. This is not an answer.

0 votes
Péter Molnár February 6, 2023

Dear TRELLO Team, 

The language selection is NOT WORKING :(  This is VERY BAD!! I wish to learn how to use Trello properly, but now it only shows in Hungarian for me and all good tutorial videos are in English. This is an URGENT MATTER TO SOLVE. Thank you in advance.

Peter

0 votes
Erik Sörqvist
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 31, 2023

Hi,

On the LogIn page at the bottom I could switch the language from a drop down menu to English before Logging in. This worked for me. Hope it can help.

0 votes
koszta5
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 26, 2022

Guys..., it does not work :( I have the same issue...

The problem is in this cookie:

locale-5c759904ba6c586723c7b8b2 : "en-US" 

It gets set every time.... If I delete it then language setup from my profile is respected...The same goes for BB

0 votes
Álvaro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 23, 2022

Hi, I'm having the same problem. We need a solution ASAP.

Even if we choose a language on the Atlassian account, Trello doesn't use it!

And I can confirm too there is no separate language setting for Trello.

Please help!

0 votes
Mark
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 1, 2022

Same problem here, I'm from Slovakia. In the settings, I have English, but the site is displayed in Czech. Also cleared site data, and cookies, still no change. Browser is Firefox

0 votes
James MacDonald October 22, 2022

Mine is now resolved, although I have no idea why. I went back after a few days and my Trello is now in English. 

0 votes
gqqnbig
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 12, 2022

I'm a returning user and have the same issue. Trello doesn't respect my time zone setting either. The language is a big problem for me to return to Trello.

gqqnbig
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 12, 2022

Too bad, I misposted and can't delete!

0 votes
Kosuke Ikeya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 11, 2022

Hi,

I have the same issue and tried everything. My Trello appears in English only in incognito mode, but otherwise Japanese.

The link Peter suggested says "Depending on your account, this will either bring up a menu for your to choose a new language, or it will open your Atlassian account settings page so you can change your language there", and indeed it opened my Atlassian account (so probably the same case with James) in English. I cannot set my Trello language separately from my Atlassian account while language settings between them seem not the same.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Kosuke

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2022

Hey James,

Welcome to the Atlassian community. 

Trello has a separate language setting, check out the documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/changing-your-language-in-trello/ 

I hope that helps to set it to English.

Cheers,
Peter

James MacDonald October 12, 2022

Hi Peter, thanks for the welcome. 

Unfortunately this doesn't help. If I go to Trello > my profile icon > settings and then click the link for changing language, it opens up a new tab and directs me to my Atlassian general settings. From there I can try to go to "product settings" to fix my Trello language, but I end up in the same loop over and over. At no point am I offered a separate language setting for Trello. 

Like yoonie.jang likes this
Péter Molnár February 6, 2023

Dear Peter Van de Voode, 

Please somehow tell TRELLO to fix this language selection problem. This is VERY BAD!! I wish to learn how to use Trello properly, but now it only shows in Hungarian for me and all good tutorial videos are in English. This is an URGENT MATTER TO SOLVE. Thank you in advance.

Peter

kevinlee91
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 17, 2023

This issue is still not fixed. Following the only existing instructions does not affect system language in Trello.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events