Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't attach file from Box using store app

yanni.cotis November 13, 2019

Hi, I am using the Trello app from the Microsoft Store. This works for my team as it frees up the browser for other things and makes for easier multitasking. However, our organisation uses the Box cloud storage service. I cannot attach a file from Box to a Trello card from the app. I can do so from the browser, but not from the app. As you can imagine this has significant impacts on my workflow and my ability to roll out Trello to other teams in my organisation. I have the Box power-up and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Trello several times with no luck. I have also tried this on several other personal computers out of the office and have the same problem. I can navigate to the file, but which i select 'choose' nothing happens. I have the Box power up and would greatly appreciate a fix on this. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2019

Hi Yanni,

When you say it works in the browser, which browser are you using?

We do sometimes see authentication trouble from the desktop app to outside services because of the sandboxed nature of the desktop apps, but frequently, opening Chrome and authorizing the connection in Chrome, will let it work properly in the desktop app as well.

Can you give that a try?

yanni.cotis November 24, 2019

Hi, this problem is across all members of my team using a variety of browsers from firefox, chrome and the beta of the new windows edge browser. How would I authorise a connection in chrome?

yanni.cotis November 24, 2019

Just to be clear, Trello is working perfectly in every browser, just not the app. 

yanni.cotis December 9, 2019

Just an update. Was contacted by Trello support and this is bug. They are working on a fix although cannot provide us with a date for when the fix will be supplied. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events