Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can single-board guests who don't have Trello account receive email notifications?

Johnny Yang September 23, 2022

I have many single-board guests *who do not have their own existing Trello account*. I want them to receive email notifications when actions are taken on cards that they're members of. (Specifically, the single-board guests are parents of my students.)

I tested this with a dummy email and did not receive notifications. Then I registered a Trello account with that dummy email and received email notifications.

Would there be a way for that dummy email account (or any other single-board guests who don't have an existing Trello account) to receive email notifications simply after accepting the invitation to the board, without requiring them to register their own Trello account? (I don't want to have to rely on parents to register a Trello account in order to receive updates on what their children are learning in my class. I want them to get those notifications simply after joining the board as a guest.)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

@Johnny Yang 

One option is to add single board member as “parent” contact using Contalist. You can use Contalist automation or you can use a comment to automated email templates(action). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events