Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can single-board guests who don't have Trello account receive email notifications?

I have many single-board guests *who do not have their own existing Trello account*. I want them to receive email notifications when actions are taken on cards that they're members of. (Specifically, the single-board guests are parents of my students.)

I tested this with a dummy email and did not receive notifications. Then I registered a Trello account with that dummy email and received email notifications.

Would there be a way for that dummy email account (or any other single-board guests who don't have an existing Trello account) to receive email notifications simply after accepting the invitation to the board, without requiring them to register their own Trello account? (I don't want to have to rely on parents to register a Trello account in order to receive updates on what their children are learning in my class. I want them to get those notifications simply after joining the board as a guest.)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus Rising Star Sep 23, 2022

@Johnny Yang 

One option is to add single board member as “parent” contact using Contalist. You can use Contalist automation or you can use a comment to automated email templates(action). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

A Trello template to help you clean up your Confluence Space

Calling all Trello + Confluence users! We're celebrating all things Work and Wellness in our Confluence collection, where our team has been sharing activities to create more mindfulness around the ...

958 views 4 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events