Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i create a task list for a functional role?

Sherman Klassen May 28, 2020

How do I create a task list for a functional role? For instance I have a project that has multiple roles that will contribute to, can I create a task task for a role from a template and apply it to that project? Can I create a custom task list that can be saved? Can I modify task list, adding or deleting tasks, from an existing list?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2020

@Sherman Klassen you can create a checklist and use that in multiple cards. For instance, you can have a checklist for designer tasks, and add a series of tasks there. Then when you want to add this checklist to other cards, you just click checklist and then copy from, and select that checklist to add it to a card!

image.png

You could also have an entire card that is a templated card- just create the card with the checklists and labels etc that you want and then you can easily create a new card that will be just like that templated card!

image.png

Let me know if that helps! 

Michael Lawrence November 29, 2021

I was looking at using functional Roles more like this, can I do this? 

I just upgraded so I could assign individual tasks and dates to tasks but I am having trouble with the following?
I have three people on the board. I want to assign them roles and responsibilities. So on this Card:
  • Michael is the - Seller
  • Emilie is the - Agent
  • Lori is the - Coordinator

Then I want to have my checklist items assigned based on those roles. For example, Task #1 is assigned to the Seller. This way when I make Michael the seller on this card, all seller tasks are assigned to him. Such as Task #1 just mentioned. Then All Agent tasks are assigned to Emilie and so on and so forth.
Next, I would also like the due dates on each task to be a certain number of days after the Card's start date. Not specific dates.
This way, when I copy this card and the checklist, all I need to do are two things 1 assign the roles on the card to users, and 2 set a start date.
Right now, when I copy a card, it brings over all of the tasks with the previous users assigned and dates used. The users are not always the same as the seller, agent and coordinator often change, and the due dates are also not relevant as they are from the previous transaction.
Because of this, I have to go in and change the due dates for all 82 items and reassign all 82 tasks depending on the team and start date.
This is really time-consuming, is there a better way, or how do I get what I want?
Thanks in advance.
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

@Michael Lawrence hmm, as far as I know, there's definitely not a simple way to do that out of the box. But i bet you could build something like that with Butler? Tbh, might not be worth the complication to build, since I think there'd have to be quite a lot of workarounds, depending on how complicated the checklists are. But i guess in theory you could have a custom field on the card with the trello username of the person who is the seller, another field with who is the agent, and another field with the person who is the coordinator. 

And then you can make a rule that builds the checklist as those roles are assigned. So as the "seller" custom field is set, it will add an item to a checklist and add that person to the item. Like this, but you'll need to duplicate the last two steps for each item on the checklist.

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events