Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i capture checklist items in automatic emails / commands?

George Pirtheesingh September 9, 2021

Hi all,

My card pretty much all include checklists with each list item having its own due date. However when i test the automatic email feature (e.g. send an email out every monday with a snapshot of what is due in the next week), the email only captures the overall CARD due date, and misses out the crucial individual checklist dates. Is there any way i can fix this and avoid having to make every single checklist item into its own card?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

I don't have answer, but I'm following this one because I'm curious - I have struggled to figure out any sort of automation with the checklist dates, but I could just be less experienced with them!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2021

@George Pirtheesingh 

@Brittany Joiner 

Checklist/checklist item automation is indeed limited. While you can add member and due dates, you are limited to the options. Same goes with standard report features. As such I would normally extend its capabilities via http request. Not many people are comfortable with use http request or have the capabilities to develop and run the endpoints.

Some of the extensions in this area include :

(1) assign member and due dates using CF

(2) convert to cards with member and due dates

(3) set simple notification system for items with due via comment

(4) convert next incomplete item to card

….

Gathering cards and items can be quite resource intensive but doable if requirement is critical. 

If I am not mistaken, Trello maintains a next earliest due date of item as a badge. This is useful and can be used to reduce the processing of cards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events