Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can duplicates be flagged?

Courtney Banh November 2, 2020

Hi!

I'm wondering if there is a rule to flag a card as a duplicate from the following fields: Title, Custom Fields, AND Comments. I don't want the card to link to its duplicate, rather a label be automatically added when it is deemed a duplicate.

I see there is the option to make a rule using a custom field with a "greater than" or "less than" value in order to do something, but not just an "equal to." This is the closest I've found to what I need this rule to do.

We are listing ID numbers in titles, custom fields, and related ID numbers in comments. We are hoping that any duplicated ID number will be flagged.

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2020

Hi Courtney,

I understand wanting to watch out for duplicates, but I'm afraid Trello or Butler doesn't have a specific feature or command that could watch for all cards or data points like that.

The trouble is Butler doesn't have a way to take a card value and compare that to every other card on a board. There are the specific greater and less than options, but those are designed to detect when a field reaches a certain value or threshold.

One option, although a bit more manual, would be to use Trello's filter feature instead. With that, you could enter a value which would filter down to only matching cards, allowing you to spot any duplicates.

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-search-cards-on-a-board

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events