Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can butler set task duedates based on completeion of another task?

Jason R Rasch June 4, 2021

I want to set up timeline due date for tasks within a card based on completion of previous tasks.  

For Example Completing task A triggers a time due date to complete task b.  

Upon completion of task A a 24 hour clock starts to complete task B.  

I would think this is something butler could do but I'm new to Trello and can't seem to figure that out.  

thanks for the help.  

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2021

@Jason R Rasch If you had the next card linked to the previous card, you could do something like:

when a due date is marked complete find the first card linked in the attachments and set due in 24 hours

then you could chain the cards together. You could use a label on the trigger card to choose which offset to use on the next card. For example if you had a label "24 hours" on the trigger card, then you could have the command something like:

when a due date is marked complete on a card with label "24 hours" find the first card linked in the attachments and set due in 24 hours

That way you can have multiple rules for different offsets.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

@Jason R Rasch 

You cannot use a due date of a card to set a due date in another card.

In your case, you are not using the due date but the “now” and you should be able to do a “set due date in 24 hours”

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events