Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a member of a bord see only card that is assigned to him ?

Dominic Lussier December 10, 2023

Hello i use Trello for a long Time .i have a situation where within a board I have thing I need help and thing I need not everybody to see it 

can we have someone on a bord that could see only what I decide to assign to him ?

2 answers

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2023

I suggest what @Dreamsuite Mike said, but if you didn't want to have multiple boards and you weren't worried about sensitive info, but more just wanted to reduce clutter, you could use board filters and share a URL that has just that person's cards. 

Go to the board and filter by a member, and then your URL will change to something like this

https://trello.com/b/4CZk9lbY/%F0%9F%8C%AE-hit-dear-taco?filter=member:britt_joiner

And then you can send that to that user. 

Of course, this is just a filter, so if they clear the filter they'd be able to see all cards on the board. So this won't work if you really are trying to limit access, but i know some folks who are just interested in keeping a simpler view for people that find this helpful!

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2023

Hi @Dominic Lussier 

As Trello is an open collaboration platform, there are not the kind of restrictions built in. However you could give the member their own board and use automation to duplicate cards you want to be assigned to that member when you select the member from something like a drop-down custom field or adding the [membername] label to a card.

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/mirroring-cards/ 

This article may help 👆🏽

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events