I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to use Trello or an integration that will allow me to make a list of tasks that need to be done for a new employee onboarding process and when 1 employee finishes their part it notifies the next employee of their part. Basically 4 people are involved in the onboarding process of an employee, all have tasks that have to be done in an order and the next person needs to be notified when it is time for them to do their task....Has anyone ever used Trello in this way and if so can you advise me on how that would be setup?
Of course, there are quite a few ways of approaching this. Let’s say that when each employee finishes the task assigned to them, they move the card with their task from the ‘To Do’ list to the ‘Done’ list. Once the card is moved to ‘Done’, a Slack message is sent to the employee who’s up next in the process. The same then happens when the second, third and fourth person finish their tasks.
Let me walk you through the process step by step:
1) Choose the ‘Watch Cards Moved to a List’ Trello module. Within the module, connect your Trello account to Integromat (there’s a link to the support documentation in case you need it). Select the Board you want to watch and the list to which the cards will be moved (in this case: Done). Set the maximum number of processed results within one run (in this case I chose 4 because you said there are 4 employees involved).
2) Add a router from the ‘tools’ section at the bottom of the builder
3) Connect four ‘Create a Message’ Slack modules to the router.
4) To make sure that the right person receives the right message at the right time, we need to set up corresponding filters. To do that, click the wrench symbol on the dotted line between the router tool and each Slack module. The condition we want to set here is that if the card that’s been moved to ‘Done’ is called ‘Task 1’, a Slack message notifying the second person in line is sent. Of course, it's necessary to set the filter for each card/Slack message.
5) Set each Slack modules to send the notification to the relevant person. Create a connection to your Slack account. Select the type of channel where the notification will be sent (public channel, private channel, IM channel). In this case, I chose a private message and therefore Integromat let me select the user I want to send the message to. Finally, enter the body of the Slack message.
6) Run the scenario once to see if there are no errors. I moved my testing cards from ‘To Do’ to ‘Done’ and indeed I received a bunch of Slack messages (I set myself as the recipient each time).
7) Schedule the scenario to run whenever you need it by clicking the watch icon on the Trello module.
8) Finally, don’t forget to slide the ‘Scheduling’ button in the left bottom corner to the ‘on' position to switch your automation on.
And you're all set :)
Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events