Can Trello email me a random card from a list each day?

Chuck Herbert March 10, 2022

In my board, I have a list of “idea” cards and would like to automate Trello to email me one of these “idea” cards each morning. Is it possible to automate this?

I looked at the “schedule command” function but can’t see what to do after setting the Trigger.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2022

Hi @Chuck Herbert ! Maybe a rule like this will help?

every day, move 1 randomly-selected cards from list "Ideas" to list "Email", create a report with all cards in list "Email", and send an email notification to "hannah@simplaworkflows.com" with subject "Random idea of the day" and message "{$report_html}", and move all the cards in list "Email" to list "Ideas".

Chuck Herbert March 16, 2022

Thank you! I will try it 

Chuck Herbert March 28, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows Thanks for the suggestion and it seems to be working in terms of the card moves. However, the email I get each day doesn’t include the card info? 

Here’s the rule I have:

every day, move 1 randomly-selected cards from list "Ideas" to list "Tip Of The Day", send an email notification to "cdhtwo@yahoo.com" with subject "AMM Tip Of The Day" and message "{$report_html}", and move all the cards in list "Tip Of The Day" to list "Ideas"

I’m guessing the "{$report_html}" has an issue?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2022

@Chuck Herbert you're missing the part of creating the report. I.e the part of the rule that says: "create a report with all cards in list "Tip of the day""

Like Chuck Herbert likes this
Chuck Herbert April 6, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows doh! Thanks for pointing that out!

Chuck Herbert April 6, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows It works! Thank you! I just had a little trouble finding the "create a report" option under "Other". Thanks so much!

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2022

Easy mistake! Glad that's working for you ☺️

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events