• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Trello create a combined Grocery shopping list from the recipes on my calendar?

I just started working with Trello to organize recipes. I am interested if Trello has a possibility to make a grocery list from the recipes on my calendar.  If yes, how do I do it?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Aug 03, 2020

@jurate rubikiene I wrote a pretty epic meal planning board that does this. You have a list called "Ingredients" with one card per meal recipe with the name of the card being the name of the dish, and on each card you have an "Ingredients" checklist with each item being an ingredient, including the quantity either in pieces or grams like this:

2020-08-04 at 4.06 pm.png

Then you have one list per day of the week, and on each day you include one or more meal cards with names the same as your recipe cards. Add the label "Leftovers" for any meals that shouldn't contribute to the total ingredients required for the week.

Then you have this epic function that creates a shopping list aggregating all the amounts for each ingredient across all your recipes and creates a single shopping list card, with checklist items linked to individual cards in a separate board, as you buy each thing you archive the card (I have a separate function that then marks the item as complete):

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/471d68af69412ba294efd9da9e542263

Fair bit of effort though :)

Thank you so much for your time and wisdom. I wish I could comprehend this whole programing better! I really like trello structure, but I think I will have to choose Spoonacular because they already have this function included. 

Iain Dooley Community Leader Aug 05, 2020

@jurate rubikiene yeah it's pretty epic, it would make a cool powerup, though, if I ever get round to writing it :)

Like jurate rubikiene likes this

I would love to know when you create this powerup! I would be interested

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

780 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you