Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Trello create a combined Grocery shopping list from the recipes on my calendar?

jurate rubikiene August 3, 2020

I just started working with Trello to organize recipes. I am interested if Trello has a possibility to make a grocery list from the recipes on my calendar.  If yes, how do I do it?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2020

@jurate rubikiene I wrote a pretty epic meal planning board that does this. You have a list called "Ingredients" with one card per meal recipe with the name of the card being the name of the dish, and on each card you have an "Ingredients" checklist with each item being an ingredient, including the quantity either in pieces or grams like this:

2020-08-04 at 4.06 pm.png

Then you have one list per day of the week, and on each day you include one or more meal cards with names the same as your recipe cards. Add the label "Leftovers" for any meals that shouldn't contribute to the total ingredients required for the week.

Then you have this epic function that creates a shopping list aggregating all the amounts for each ingredient across all your recipes and creates a single shopping list card, with checklist items linked to individual cards in a separate board, as you buy each thing you archive the card (I have a separate function that then marks the item as complete):

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/471d68af69412ba294efd9da9e542263

Fair bit of effort though :)

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2020
jurate rubikiene August 5, 2020

Thank you so much for your time and wisdom. I wish I could comprehend this whole programing better! I really like trello structure, but I think I will have to choose Spoonacular because they already have this function included. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2020

@jurate rubikiene yeah it's pretty epic, it would make a cool powerup, though, if I ever get round to writing it :)

Like # people like this
jurate rubikiene August 11, 2020

I would love to know when you create this powerup! I would be interested

0 votes
Amudala Palli RamaKrishna September 4, 2023

Hey ..!! You can use trello calendar to make the grocery list simple and organised. Check out https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Krogerfeedback-Trello-questions/Trello-Calendar/qaq-p/2413105

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events