Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Trello automatically copy a card to another board in the same named list using Butler?

Taylor Kruger August 13, 2020

I am trying to set a Rule using Butler where when a card is moved to the list COMPLETE, the card is copied onto another board (defined) in a list that is called the same thing as the list the card was originally moved from.

For example, a card in the list "Sponsorship" is moved to the list "COMPLETE" in Board A - I would like a copy of that card created in a list called "Sponsorship" on Board B.

This is what I have set up in Board A so far but the cards move to Board B under the list "COMPLETE":

"when a card is added to list "COMPLETE", copy the card to the top of list "{triggercardlistname}" on board "Board B"

I am not really familiar with how to use the variables so any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2020

Try {triggercardpreviouslistname} instead. Everything else looks good.

I never understood why that variable got grouped up with the Card time in list variables.

Taylor Kruger August 18, 2020

That is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events