Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Observers Copy Boards For Their Own Use?

Spiro October 27, 2022

I wish to have a private board which I would like to open up to specific users (by email address).  Would that user be able to then copy the board I have provided them access to and be able to make changes to their copied board like a regular member?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2022

Hey @Spiro - good question! 

Observers can copy boards that they've been added to as an Observer on. 

Spiro November 1, 2022

Hi Alex @Alex Waite !

Thanks for the response!  So, if I create a huge board with many lists and cards in each board, how can I use this as a template (that cannot be edited or changed in any way by others except for myself) where I could share with many others so they can copy everything to their own account so that they can make changes to their copy and tailor the lists/cards in each board to their liking.  If I make them embers, would they be able to make changes to the template lists/cards?  Is there a way to restrict that from happening.  If they are members and can be restricted from editing the original template, then are you saying that they would need to copy each single card one by one from the template to their account?  I thought there as a "Copy Board" option in the settings for each board.  is this somehow restricted to the original author only?  Trying to figure out how to make this work.  Thank you for your time!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events