Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I send simple, complete, plain email notifications? Non-Trello clients don't like the emails.

Deleted user September 11, 2019

I've been in and out of trello over the years; right now I have a real need to use Trello comments for back and forth communication via email with clients - this is an intended use!

However, they get graphics, links, only part of the thread and "dan mentioned you on the card...".. so it's not really usable.

Is there a way to just send the basics and comments? This would solve many issues!

Not a JIRA/Butler user; just Trello and Power Ups.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

@[deleted] I created Benko Board which allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

It's an integration, not a power up, it actually runs in G-Suite. I recently launched it as a Google Sheets add-on but haven't updated the site yet:

https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/benko_board_by_the_procedure_people/204068045444

there's also a shared solution called Benko Desk that also doesn't have it's website up yet (noticing a trend? ;) that allows you to collaborate on email like FreshDesk or HelpScout, but using Trello as the interface.

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

Hey @[deleted] I'd definitely suggest exploring @Iain Dooley 's suggestion here.

I'm afraid that there isn't a way to alter the composition/format of email notifications sent natively in Trello. Happy to pass your interest in this over to our team for consideration though!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events