Can I post directly from Trello to social media accounts?

Ricci March 21, 2019

I currently use Trello and Hootsuite, have been exploring buffer.com and now our consultant suggested we use Zapier.

I love the features of Trello - except that I can't find a way to schedule posts in advance (similar to Hootsuite)

Help?

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2019

Hi @Ricci from what I read the zapier power-up does have the capability of scheduling tweets:

https://zapier.com/apps/schedule/integrations/twitter

I did find this great content calendar work flow for Trello, that you may find useful, which includes a content calendar sample board:
https://blog.trello.com/moved-to-published-using-trello-as-an-editorial-calendar

Have you looked into the new Butler Power-Up and whether or not these finalized tweets could be scheduled through it?

Thanks,

Jodi

Ricci March 21, 2019

We've got the calendar up and it's really great, but we're a small team and having the ability to schedule (potentially) two weeks in advance (or even further out) and not have to have someone go in and manually post is really important for us.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

@Ricci I think a combination of Butler and Zapier would do this, but you'd probably need paid plans for both Trello and Zapier to use it. Buffer can be super expensive so Zapier/Butler might actually be the cheapest solution.

What I'd do is have something like a list in Trello that is your queue or "buffer" then at set intervals, have Butler move cards from the queue into a live "post now" list. This can Trigger Zapier to take the content from the card and post it, then it could move the card to a "done" list so you can tell that everything's working.

The only trouble here is going to be with Zapier's ability to post graphics in "native" format to those platforms. For example I don't think you just take a file attached to a Trello and use Zapier to post that graphic or video to each social media platform so it shows up as a "native" video/photo for that platform, but you could have a play around with it and see if you can get a good format for that content.

The only way this would really be worthwhile in terms of cost is if you had a relatively large team or lots of accounts under management that necessitated one of Buffer's higher level plans. If it's just you and a handful of accounts without a complex approval workflow you're probably going to get a better result using Buffer's "awesome" plan or whatever their one is that's one step up from free -- I think it's only like $10 a month or something.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ricky Charpentier March 21, 2019

Hi @Ricci

It's possible to integrate trello with your social media. You've got a few options at your disposal, including hiring a developer to build you a native integration (or if you are a developer, you can build one yourself using Trello and Buffer's APIs), or you can use a service to do it for you.

Zapier is an option, but i'm not sure how in depth their integrations are between trello and social media. I'm actually working on a tool to do exactly that. The site is live now at https://www.getquickflow.com, but the specific trello to buffer integration is being built now, and will be done soon.

If you're interested, I'd be happy to help you get exactly what you're looking for. Just let me know and I'll keep you posted as to when it's ready!

Ricci March 21, 2019

Define "soon." Yes, I'm interested. :)

Ricky Charpentier March 21, 2019

Very soon, I use trello for my business and it's an integration that I need myself, so it's the top priority. I'm confident it can help you too!

Wania Mir May 26, 2022

Its been 3 years, so any ways trello has made it to where you could set schedules and have it directly post to your social media accounts or would you have to manually do it yourself?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events