Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I open my email (outlook/gmail) program out of a Trello card?

Michelle Deisel October 17, 2023

Hello, 

i am using the gmail add-in and I am wondering, if I can copy an Email out of my Gmail inbox or folder and link it.

meaning, when I am busy in the Trello Card - by clicking the mail, that my gmail program opens.

My challenge is, that I have tons of mails in my inbox and by sorting it into Trello, my gmail folder doesn’t clean up. Therefore I a want to get into my Gmail - to the respective mail, by clicking on it in the Trello card. 

Thanks for feedback.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2023

Michelle, I would suggest that:

1. Copy the url for the specific email (i.e. the link that shows in the top of your browser bar, something like  https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgzGwHLfLgvdsdsadasdsdadsdkpnGX when you are viewing that specific email)

2. Paste that url in the description field of the Trello card

3. When you click that link on the Trello card, it will open Gmail in a new tab and show that specific email

I hope this helps.

Michelle Deisel October 19, 2023

Thank you very much! Good idea 👍🏻

1 vote
Michelle Deisel October 19, 2023

Thanks for the quick help! We will try this out. 

1 vote
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 17, 2023

Hi @Michelle Deisel 

Christl here from the Email for Trello Power-Up 👋

I don't think you can do exactly what you are asking. But, what I've seen some of our users do, is use filters in Gmail to manage their mailbox. For example, on your forwarding rule you can add specific filters like 'Mark as read' or label as 'Sent to Trello'.

That way your mailbox stays organised, but you don't have to switch between platforms. You can just carry on with your work in Trello 😃

Hope that helps give you some ideas to play around with!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events