It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I mark a due date as 'complete' by simply moving a card to a "done" list?

I add due dates to probably 60% of the cards I produce. Typically, when I've completed a task, I move the card to a list called "Done" on that board. I notice, though, that many of my "Done" cards have red and overdue due dates -- simply b/c I didn't check the box too when moving the card. 

Is there a way to mark due date as done simply by moving the card to a specific list?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user Dec 13, 2018

Hi @Scott McConnell,

I also neglected to see the tag/label for this :D

I found this blog which says we can set up such rule. Hope this helps. 

https://blog.trello.com/automation-magic-trello-boards

Regards,

Swathi

That's the perfect answer, Swathi! The author even cites exactly the use-case I'm trying to create! Many thanks for finding it and pointing me that way.

Scott

0 votes
Deleted user Dec 13, 2018

Hi @Scott McConnell,

I am assuming the due date as checkbox field which has some options. If you want to automatically choose a value for that field upon transitioning an issue to "Done" state, then you can make use post functions from third-party add-ons.

One such function is "Update Issue Custom Field" post function from JIRA Suite Utilities add-on.

Related article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-set-a-checkbox-field-to-a-value-using-a-post-function/qaq-p/190954

Regards,

Swathi 

Thanks Swathi -- now I know a solution is possible in principle ... or, more specifically, in Jira! Is there a similar function (or solution) in Trello? (I notice I neglected to mention I use Trello!)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you