Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make a timeline view or calendar view public?

Karl Børre Reite May 27, 2021

Hello!

In Trello Business we now have the calendar view and the timeline view. 

In event planning, the end product of the project will be a "run of play" or a detailed timeline/schedule with one card for each slot in the event itself. 

It is possible to make this board public. 

But is it possible to make the calendar view or the timeline view public?

(Or are there better ways to make the timeline/schedule for an event public for "the masses"? )

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi Karl! From what I understand, you can make a board public, but you can't make some views public, and some views private - it's either all or nothing. Is there a reason why you're wanting to not share the regular board view with the public? What parts of the board are you wanting to restrict? Potentially there is a workaround.

Nah, I would like to make the whole board public. 

But e.g here: https://help.trello.com/article/1246-timeline-view in FAQ it says that only members of the board can see the timeline, and that I can not share it with others.

Of course, when I am ready with my "Paris 2024 Olympic project", I would like everyone to see the event calendar or timeline as default, but it would be ok if they also had access to the cards (without editing permission) 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

You might be able to make it work by making the board public and just sharing the links that point to the specific views you want to share. E.g. this board is public, and here are the views: 
https://trello.com/b/4xqvatuA/board-a/timeline
https://trello.com/b/4xqvatuA/board-a/calendar-view

You can open the cards and see the details, but it's completely read-only. You can also switch between all the different views (board view, map view, dashboard view).

Like Karl Børre Reite likes this

Wohaa! :) Excellent! 

Now I can probably iframe (or something) the calendar url in a webpage, or just use it at infoscreens in the lobby, put up a QR on the wall - and keep the calendar for the event updated at all times for participants and spectators!

I will actually use it this way! 

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

Nice! Glad that's going to work for you 😁 good luck with the event!

Like Karl Børre Reite likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events