Can I link Google SHARED Drives (Not Google Drive) & Can I link multiple Google Drive accounts

KhadiByHeritage February 1, 2020

I can link Google Drive Google Drive to my Boards.

BUT, I want to link my Google SHARED Drive with Trello

AND

Can I link multiple Google Drives from Multiple accounts.

Rgds,

Harpreet Singh Pannu (India)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2020

Hi Harpreet!

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, you can only link one Google Drive account to Trello.

If you want to add multiple accounts, I suggest that you share all the folders you would like to access from 'Account B' to 'Account A' and link 'Account A' to Trello. 

If you have shared folder in Google Drive, make sure that you add them to the Google Drive that's linked to your Trello account within Google Drive.

When you're within Google Drive online, click 'Shared with me'

Screenshot 2020-02-02 at 14.51.28.png

Then find the folder you would like to add to your Google Drive, click on it once and click the 'Add to my drive' icon:

Screenshot 2020-02-02 at 14.51.03.png

This will add the shared folder into your Google Drive, and you will be able to attach files from within it, and even the whole folder if you want to.

Please let me know if this works for you :)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2020

Swoooshhhh... I ❣️ Community! I had this exact question literally just this minute and here's an answer (not the one I wanted, but OK, let's live with that!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, @Esme Crutchley a while back I connected a Goggle drive "MusicMan" to a Trello board.
This morning I wanted to connect my "AtlassianAuthor" GD to another board but discovered the above.
Ultimately though I have a "FMA-Master" google account with GD that I will never delete for as long as I live, whilst the others are "perishable" (so to say). It is also the account I use to log into Trello.

Would your advice be:
- Connect FMA-Master GDrive to Trello?
- Share the othertwo GDs to the FMA-Master, thus maintaining connection to multiple GDs?

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2020

Hi @Andy - PTC Redundant 

If it was me personally, I would have a 'main' GD, whichever one I use the most (or whichever is bigger) then connect that one to Trello.

Then I would go to each of the 'feeder' accounts and share all the folders with the 'main' GD account, making sure to go to each shared folder (on the main GD) and 'add to my drive' so that everything, all the folders from everywhere, show in the 'main' GD account. This would mean that you would be able to attach any folder or file from any GD to a Trello board from a single PUp.

If this would be confusing, you could put AA at the front of all the Atlassian Authors folders and FMA at the front of all the Fun Man Andy and MM at the front of all Music Man folders, so that when they're all in one GD you would be able to distinguish which folders came from where. 

Remember that you can use emjoi's on Google Drive folders, so you could have  🎼 or 🎵or  🎶at the front of Music Man folders rather than MM, you could have  🖋 or 🖊or  🖍 or  📝 or something more representative like💡at the front of AA folders then  🎊 or  🎉at the beginning of FMA folders or any emjoi that speaks to you!

Personally, that's how I would (and have) run multiple Google Drives on Trello!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events