Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have multiple sub points nested in a bulleted list?

Evan Meinerts May 1, 2019

I understand how to make a list with nested sub points. I make a normal list by using a '-' and then if I want to nest a sub point I just put a space in front of the dash. I am wondering if it is possible to go several layers deep of nesting i.e. making a sub point of a sub point of a sub point, etc.

I tried simply adding another space in front of the dash but that doesn't change anything, with one or two spaces it still is just a single layer nesting.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

@Iain Dooley 

I tested this in Trello, and it does not work in a standard checklist. I would love to have a solution for this too, but it would be great if it were properly explained how to do this. - Thanks!

Evan Meinerts May 2, 2019

Thanks! I see that I have to have a dash with no spaces to start a list, then one space in front of a dash to start the first nested level, and then 3 spaces in front of a dash to go 2 nested levels in. It does seem weird when I want to put multiple sub points each with their own sub points- the spaces needed in front of them are not the same for the same nested level.

It seems kind of random how to format this- if I am multiple sub points deep and want to go back one nested level then my 'dashes' don't line up properly, some have to have more or less spaces in front of it in order to get to the same nesting level as the one above it. I don't really know how to explain it, but the point is that it works, but it still seems a little weird.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events