It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I have cards auto archive after 30 days?

I have been using Trello for work, but now have a personal board with friends for books we read.  We have a column for book recommendations but we don't want it to get absurdly long.  We were thinking that perhaps after 30 days any cards in this list could auto archive to keep our list in control.  Can you do this?  I checked google and the community boards...and I only found a power up called Card aging, but it doesn't sound like it disappears just fades but stays on your list.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jan 13, 2020

Hi @Teresa_Vanderpost yes absolutely you can do this, check out the article and video on how to do this with Butler.

https://help.trello.com/article/1166-archive-trello-cards-automatically-after-a-number-of-days

Hope this helps,

Jodi

Thanks Jodi, I took a look at the video and article.  So it looks like I need to be a little more specific.  From the article it looks like I can archive all cards for a time frame within a board.  Currently I have one list and the first card describes the purpose of the list so I don't want this card to ever archive.  Then the subsequent cards will be posted by different people recommending books, we want to be able to archive each card after 30 days, so that the list is not uncontrollable.  So can we set parameters per card vs board?

I did try to go in and learned I think I have too basic of an account as the "Create command" button wouldn't open.  

But thank you so much for trying to help.

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jan 15, 2020

Hi @Teresa_Vanderpost I did a bit research and found this post with lots of interest but only butler was suggested: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Rule-to-auto-archive-cards/qaq-p/636260

I am calling in the Butler Pro @Devon Henderson if it can be done, she will know how. Thanks in advance Devon for having a look at Teresa's question :)

Good to see others are interested in it.  I look for to hearing from Devon.  I think I can get the team to do the "c" function to archive, and maybe put a due date on each card and when it turns red they know they should archive it...if nothing else works.  The key is I don't want the top card to ever get archived as it is like my title.

Really appreciate you taking the time to do research, that is awesome!

T

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jan 15, 2020

Thanks Teresa, that sounds like a great workaround. Another option is you could name the list the title you were going to use for the top card (unless of course you are adding more content to the title card). Hopefully Devon will have a workaround for this via Butler. 

Thanks!
Jodi

Yes the first card explains how "Book Recommendations" title of the list works. And I put an image on it. :)  I will wait to hear from @Devon_Henderson 

Thanks again,

Teresa

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jan 16, 2020

Yes well I can see why you would definitely need a card for that. @Devon Henderson will see the notifications next time she logs in and hopefully will be able to provide some of her Butler expertise :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,550 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you