Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get notifications for changes in dropbox documents

Leandra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2020

Hi everyone,

My team and I are finding it difficult to stay updated to changes within dropbox documents that have been linked to a card. The point of Trello is to have everything connected in one so that we don't need to pay attention to several tools. However, so far it seems that whenever someone updates a document in Dropbox, we will only realise this if we actively go and check in said card. No notification will pop up. Is there a way to get those notifications akin as to when you work exclusively within Dropbox? Or could I maybe create a rule for that with Butler?

Thanks! Your help will be much appreciated

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

@Leandra depending on how serious this is for you, you could use the Dropbox webhooks API:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/webhooks

and plug that into the Trellinator Custom Webhooks (currently undocumented) feature which would allow Trellinator to search for all cards linked to the given Dropbox file, and post a comment notifying the card, for example, that the file had been updated.

Seems like a bit of overkill though, can't you just get email notifications when a file changes in Dropbox?

BTW you can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Leandra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. It just seems like that we don't get even email notifications when we change a document on Dropbox if we've accessed it via Trello... But yeah, I won't be able to do that plug in anyway, so we'll need to take a further look at the notification settings I guess.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events