Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get notification on a card added automatically from myself?

Stephanie Schmitz June 1, 2022

We have project request forms on our website that are set to automatically be added to a board. Since the email-to-board link is my user, I do not get notifications when a new request comes in. Is there a way to change this?

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

@Stephanie Schmitz adding on from what Brittany suggested, another route is to set up your email to board using a service account rather than your own user account. That way, if you're following the board, you'll be notified of any card added to the board by this service account. I believe if you were to use butler automation to add a comment to @mention yourself, you won't be notified of this seeing as it's your user making the comment. 

Stephanie Schmitz June 2, 2022

Thanks - this makes sense. A follow-up questions: how would I change the email to board setting to a different service account?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

@Stephanie Schmitz the way it works is when you're logged into Trello as your user, you go to your board settings and find the unique email for the board, it will be specific to your user - so something like hannah_morgan+123456abcdef@boards.trello.com. Instead, log in to Trello as your service account and use the email address generated for that user. I'd then suggest creating a contact called Trello or something similar and saving this email address so it's easy to remember :) 

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

@Stephanie Schmitz welcome to the community! I think you should be able to create a Butler rule with the trigger being "when a card is emailed into a board", and the action is to assign yourself to it!

Like this!

image.png

Thanks - I don't necessarily want to add myself. We have several people and depending on the request I assign to others besides myself.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

@Stephanie Schmitz ah! you just want a notification. then in that case, you can change that trigger to "send an email"... instead of "join the card", and you can send yourself an email when a card is added to the board via email. Is that what you're looking for?

I was hoping for a notification in Trello instead of an email - I get too many of those to begin with! :)

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

@Stephanie Schmitz you could make the action to post a comment on the card and tag you, which would then trigger a notification in trello!

That could work - I'll try it. Thanks for your help!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

@Stephanie Schmitz no problem! let me know if you need any help setting it up - happy to record a video explaining how to do it if that's helpful!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events