Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I export archived cards to a different board?

Nicky Alden September 21, 2020

We've combined two teams and made a new board, system and cards for our projects. But, sometimes we need to access archived cards from our previous board when we had separate teams. I'd like to move all the archived cards from our old board to the new board so we can just search in one place, and ultimately delete that old board. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

@Nicky Alden yep you can have a Butler command that triggers when a card is archived and moves the card to another board, for example to a list called "Archive {date}" so you can see a daily list of card completion.

Nicky Alden September 22, 2020

Thank you Iain!

Nick July 15, 2021

@Iain Dooley - I am looking for a similar solution. I have just set up this Butler command so that all new archived cards will be transferred to a new board. But, how do I transfer the existing 1000+ archived cards to this new board?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

@Nick this Trellinator function would unarchive all cards from one board and move them to a list of the same name in an archive board, in batches of 1000 at a time.

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/0a3aaf1182dc422e8c9fbc4128d9ca77

I have set it initially to just run on 1 card so you can see it working, you just comment out that ",1" line to run for batches of 1000 at a time.

You can run that function in BenkoBot:

https://app.benkobot.com/

Here is a link that will load the code into BenkoBot, you will need to enter your API key/token then edit the board names before you save and run it:

Preview code in BenkoBot 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events