Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I customize what invited members have access to view in a Board or Card?

stephan and Elisabeth Helmer November 7, 2022

What do members have access to? Can I only given them access to certain Cards in a Board or certain Boards in a Workspace?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

@stephan and Elisabeth Helmer welcome to the community! You can't give them access to specific cards, but you can definitely only give them access to certain boards in the workspace! When you create a board, you'll be able to set its visibility level. It can be:

• public (anyone in the world can see)
  • workspace visible (anyone in the workspace can see it)
  • or private (only people you specifically add to the board can see it) 

You can also use card linking and automation (or even third party tools like Unito) to mirror cards across boards and keep them in sync so that you can have a "main" dashboard that only you can see that includes everything, while other clients or employees can each have their own board with cards that belong to them. (Admittedly, it's a bit of work to set that up depending on how much automation you want with it! But it's totally doable!)

2 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2022

Hi @stephan and Elisabeth Helmer 👋

Welcome to the Community! It's a good question, if you look at Trello alone this is not currently a functionality, however you can use Trello Power Ups to help enhance the base functionalities.  

For your use case, I would recommend looking at External Share, (developed by Tiny Power-Ups Club). The External Share Power-Up lets you share updates and information with clients, customers, and stakeholders safely without sharing your entire Trello board. Features include:

1. Create secure, unique links to share boards, cards, and lists with anyone, without them having to sign up for Trello or be added to your Workspace.
  2. Easily tailor the information you’re sharing for the perfect fit with filters for labels and lists.
  3. Stay focused and keep all of your work across projects organized in one place, securely.
  4. Share individual attachments with external clients and collaborators. No Trello login required.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2022

Hi @stephan and Elisabeth Helmer ,

Boards are just an organized view of the underlying issue data. If a user has access to see all the issues in a project then they will be able to see all of those cards on the board.

The closest thing you can get to on the board itself is creating Quick Filters. These leverage JQL to only show cards relevant to the JQL search it's configured for. As an example:

assignee = currentUser()

using a Quick Filter with the above query would only show issues assigned to the person currently viewing the board.

If you're wanting to control which issues members of the project see and keep certain users from seeing certain issues in general, you can leverage Issue Security Schemes.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2022

@Luis Machado this question is in the Trello section, so i believe they're asking about Trello not Jira, and i don't think you can use JQL in Trello unfortunately :) 

Like # people like this
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2022

Whoops, so it is!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events