Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a card from an email forwarded on to the board by an outlook email rule...?

Sam Sharpe August 11, 2017

Hi,

I've got some email notifications coming into my email account, and I'm trying to get it to automatically forward said emails to the board via a microsoft outlook rule (I can't add the board email into the source of the notifications it won't accept that address).

So I can email the account, and that creates a card. I can even forward emails to it manually and it gets there, but when I set up a rule to email to forward the message on I'm not getting a card created.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Sam

2 answers

0 votes
Sam Sharpe September 7, 2017

Thanks for your comment. We think the email is being blocked by servers our end. I'm chasing up. Thanks!

0 votes
alfredbuehler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2017

This works for me, verified with Outlook 2010. Outlook forwards the the mails to my board address and creates a card.

Maybe you should explain in detail, which steps you take, to spot your problem.

Sam Sharpe August 14, 2017

I receive an email notification into my account. I then tried to set a rule up based on the details in that email (if from x and subject contains y then forward to z). My account seems to be sending the emails out when these notifications come in, but I'm not receiving them on the board. I can personally email the board at the address given, just can't seem to get the rule thing to work.

..?

using outlook 2010

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events