Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a butler command with 2 triggers?

Paula Granelli January 25, 2021

Hi guys, I have the need to put in an AND command into Butler.  ie When custom field Branch = North AND custom field Species = Reptile, THEN populate custom field Coordinator with MemberName and assign the card to MemberName

I have about 80 combinations based on the coordinators who have pervue over animal rescues in the Sydney area.  Currently we use a dropdown to fill out the Branch and Species, then manually consult a matrix to determin who the Coordinator is, type that into the Text Field and assign the card to that member.  It would be great to streamline.

Any good ideas?

Paula.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hey @Paula Granelli

You can set this up using the little "filter" (funnel) icon on the trigger.

It'd look something like this:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 9.44.41 AM.png

Note that if the rule is set up like this, Branch has to be set after Species for the rule to trigger (because the rule will only trigger based on the Branch field being set, and is conditional on the Species field already having the value "Reptile".

Because you have so many different combinations, it might make sense to set up your rules a little differently though.

I'd suggest a setup like this:

• Create a list with a card for each "combination". For example: "North - Reptile". Assign the responsible coordinator to those cards.
  • Create 2 Butler rules like the following:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.12.45 AM.png

With that setup, whenever either of the custom fields is set, and both custom fields are filled out, Butler will look up the card matching both those fields, and assign the relevant coordinator to the card.

The benefit of this is that it's easy to swap out the coordinators, if there's vacations or something. You won't need to go in and update a bunch of Butler rules.
With this setup, you'd also be able to have multiple coordinators for a single combination, and assign cards to them in order, as they come in.

Here's what an example board setup would look like:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.18.31 AM.png

Hope this helps,

Felix

Paula Granelli January 27, 2021

Thank you so much Felix.  This has worked beautifully and while I am still working through putting in the rules (all 80 of them), it is a good solution and will help us enormously.  

You took a lot of time to explain this in easy to understand language and I really appreciate your time and expertise.

Paula.

Like Felix likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events