Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I copy all cards in a list from a public board to a private board?

thekerbal January 4, 2021

I want to copy all cards in a list on a public Board which I am not a member of to a separate list in my own Board. I don't want to copy an entire public Board and there's too many cards in each list for me to copy each card individually.

I believe I cannot do this, but I'm just here to confirm. If I can't do this, is there any Power-Up or 3rd party application which I can use to do this (like Zapier or Integromat or something?)

2 answers

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Hi @thekerbal 

Welcome to the community! We are glad you are here!

Wish you a very happy new year!

You can copy a list from a public board to a private board!

Please read and follow the steps shown in this article/documentation https://help.trello.com/article/802-copying-cards-lists-or-boards

Or 

You can automate things using zapier & unito power-ups!

Screenshot_2.pngAs you can see I have no option to copy the list. This is on a public board which I am not a member of. How would I go about copying an entire list (keeping the comments) to a different board with Zapier or Unito?

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Hi @thekerbal ,

If you are not a member you can't copy a list but you can copy the whole board and then delete/archive the lists that you don't want!

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

Alright,

Do you know if there is any way to copy lists using Zapier or a similar application from boards which you are not a member of OR copy all cards in a list from that board to another board?

@Soumyadeep Mandal 

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2021

Hi @thekerbal ,

I don't think you can do that because it requires some permission and if you are not a member you can't give them permission!

Alright, thank you for your assistance

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2021

Hi @thekerbal 

I think with butler's power up you could do it

Cheers

Do you mean the regular Butler for Trello? As far as I can see/know, Butler can't interact with other Boards and only one's own Board. I may be wrong though, can't find any settings in the Butler though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events