Can I change the size of the comment window (back of card)?

Earl Bushman August 6, 2020

I am using the Trello App on a PC. Is there a way to increase the size of the window displaying the back of a card? Particularly the width of the comment. I have posted a snippet of code in a comment and it is really hard to read since I have to scroll right and left for each line. It would be nice to have at least 80 characters of width, but preferably I would like to be able to adjust the width to my liking.

It appears that the web-based app works the same as the PC app.

2 answers

0 votes
Bear Humphreys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2020

Hi,

There is a power-up called 'Advanced Comments by AJ' that might help you.

Once enabled, you use it to 'edit' an existing comment (not create a new one) on a card but it'll give you the expanded view of your existing comment you need.

It also adds a fair amount of options to make editing a comment more like using a simple word processor. It opens in a pop-up that makes the comment nearly full screen width, with the option to expand it to be in a separate tab on your browser for viewing/editing.

Hope that helps.

Bear

Earl Bushman August 11, 2020

Thanks, this looks like it would be helpful. However, this Power-Up is disabled by my company.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2020

Hi @Earl Bushman ,

Welcome to the community,

Basically you can't resize the comment window size in Trello yet. But I think Trello will add this feature in the near future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events